Please speak up for a child! Applications are being accepted for the class dates listed below
(See attachment below for application).
Items to bring to the pre-training interview
- Pre-Training Interview
- Driver’s license (photo ID)
- Liability (car) insurance card
- $15.00 fee for background check (cash or check)
- 3 non-relative letters of reference (letters of reference can be provided later)
**21 years of age
**30 hours of classroom training
**Pass an extensive background check
**Provide three non-relative letters of reference
2013 Upcoming Training
- · Nov 5th, 7th, 12th, 14th, 19th, 21st 5:30pm to 9:30pm
- · Dec 9th, 11th, 12th, 16th, 18th, 19th 9:00am to 1:00pm
2014 Upcoming Training
- · Jan 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 28th, 29th, 30th 5:30pm to 9:30pm
- · Feb 11th, 12th, 18th, 19th, 25th, 26th, 5:30pm to 9:30pm
- · Feb 11th, 12th, 18th, 19th, 25th, 26th, 9:00am to 1:00pm
A CASA Volunteer is the voice of the child in court.Through professional extensive training you learn courtroom procedures and develop strong communication techniques.
When home is no longer safe for a child, and the child must enter the foster care system, a judge may appoint a committed volunteer called a CASA or Court Appointed Special Advocate. The volunteer’s focus in on the child, giving hope and help to guide the child to a safe, permanent home.
The interview process allows us to get to know you better and gives you the opportunity to ask specific questions concerning the role of a CASA volunteer. Below you will find additional information about CASA and the application form along with the reference form.
CASA Volunteers: Our volunteers are everyday people, but they are also our heroes. They recognize the need for the community to get involved and put forth serious effort in helping children who are victims of abuse. CASA volunteers have stepped forward and agreed to bear this responsibility and make sure children do not waste away in the foster care system. We want EVERY child in foster care to have a CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) they can rely on and trust to be their voice in court.
Please contact John White
Please join our team TODAY!