In honor of Father’s Day, we featured three of our male advocates in the June/July issue of Inspire Coastal Bend Magazine:
View the article included in the magazine HERE
View the extended version of the article HERE
To speak up for and find permanent homes for foster children in crisis throughout Nueces, San Patricio, and Aransas Counties.
Volunteer Your Time to Change a Child’s Life
Nobody longs for a safe and loving family more than a child in foster care. As a CASA volunteer, you are empowered by the courts to help make this dream a reality. You will be the one consistent adult in these children’s lives, vigilantly fighting for and protecting their fundamental right to be treated with the dignity and respect every child deserves. You will not only bring positive change to the lives of these vulnerable children, but also their children and generations to come. And in doing so, you will enrich your life as well.
Upcoming Info Sessions:
(Open to anyone interested in CASA,
prerequisite for training)
Rockport: Bay Education Center 121 Seabreeze Dr.
Monday, August 8th 8:00a-9:00a/12:00p-1:00p
Aransas Pass: San Juan Restaurant #2 4696 FM 1069
Monday, August 8th 5:30p-6:30p
CASA of the Coastal Bend Office:
Thursday, August 11th 12:00p-1:00p/5:30p-6:30p
Tuesday, August 30th 12:00p-1:00p/5:30p-6:30p
Call to RSVP to attend an upcoming Info Session Today!
Upcoming 2016 Training Dates:
September 20th, 21st, 22nd, 27th, 28th, 29th 5:30P-8:30P (T,W,TH)
November 8th, 9th, 10th, 16th, 17th, 18th 10:00A-1:00P (T,W,TH/W,TH,F)
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASAs) help break the cycle of child abuse.
- 66% of people in Texas prisons today were in foster care yesterday.
- 75% of foster children without a CASA volunteer come back into the system (foster care)
- A child without a CASA volunteer spends 2+ years in foster care a child with a CASA volunteer spends 1 year in foster care.
- In Nueces County a Child Protective Services worker is responsible for 60-65 cases per month.
- A CASA volunteer is responsible for 1 case at a time, allowing the volunteer to give quality one on one time to each case. This allows them to make informed, knowledgeable recommendations on behalf of the children.