To speak up for and find permanent homes for foster children in crisis throughout Nueces, San Patricio, and Aransas Counties.
Volunteer Your Time to Change a Child’s Life
December Day Training: 8th, 9th, 10th, 15th, 16th, 19th, 9:00am to 1:00pm (T,W,TH)
2016 January Evening Training: 18th, 19th, 21st, 25th, 26th, 28th, 5:30pm to 9:30pm (M,T,TH)
2016 March Day Training: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 9th, 10th 9:00pm to 1:00pm (T,W,TH)
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASAs) help break the cycle of child abuse.
- 66% of people in Texas prisons today were in foster care yesterday.
- 75% of foster children without a CASA volunteer come back into the system (foster care)
- A child without a CASA volunteer spends 2+ years in foster care a child with a CASA volunteer spends 1 year in foster care.
- In Nueces County a Child Protective Services worker is responsible for 60-65 cases per month.
- A CASA volunteer is responsible for 1 case at a time, allowing the volunteer to give quality one on one time to each case. This allows them to make informed, knowledgeable recommendations on behalf of the children.