To speak up for and find permanent homes for foster children in crisis throughout Nueces, San Patricio, and Aransas Counties.
Volunteer Your Time to Change a Child’s Life
Aug Class: Evening 18th, 19th, 20th, 25th, 26th, 27th 5:30pm – 9:30pm
Aug Class: Day 25th, 26th, 27th, Sept 1st, 2nd, 3rd 9:00am – 1:00pm
Oct Class: Evening 13th, 14th, 15th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 5:30pm – 9:30pm
Nov Class: Day 10th, 11th, 12th, 17th, 18th, 19th 9:00am – 1:00pm
Dec Class: Day 8th, 9th, 10th, 14th, 15th, 16th 9:00am – 1:00pm
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) help break the cycle of child abuse.
- 66% of people in Texas prisons today were in foster care yesterday.
- 75% of foster children without a CASA volunteer come back into the system (foster care)
- A child without a CASA volunteer spends 2+ years in foster care a child with a CASA volunteer spends 1 year in foster care.
- In Nueces County a Child Protective Services worker is responsible for60-65 cases per month.
- A CASA volunteer is responsible for 1 case at a time allowing the volunteer to give quality one on one time to each case allowing them to make informed, knowledgeable recommendations on behalf of the children.